Replication or copy

From: Johan Lorier <johan.lorier_at_nl.abb.com>
Date: 27 May 2001 22:59:47 -0700

Hi all,

i need a copy of an OLTP database, that will be used as a DSS. I think I have 2 options:

1 - Every night make a copy of the db-files to the DSS server 2- use replication

Can anyone point me to (dis-)advantages of these options, especially about performance issues?

Thxs a lot. Received on Mon May 28 2001 - 00:59:47 CDT