Re: to create a non-SYSTEM tablespace

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 06:47:58 +1000

Well, I'll stick my neck out -before 8i, the courses ran on 8.0.5, and all the students used to get (as a matter of course design, I think) 'unable to use system rollback segment for updates in non-system tablespace' -and that was trying to insert a new record in the EMP table, *which was housed in a 'USERS' tablespace*... so, in 8.0.5, from memory, and crossing my big toes and other extremeties, just in case, it was also true that you didn't need a non-SYSTEM rollback segment to create non-SYSTEM tablespace.

Can't speak to what was going on in 7.3, of course. I'm too young to remember.

Regards ;-)
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle