Re: Symbolic link pointing to Oracle Home

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 16:46:32 -0500

we use symbolic links for the init.ora files (we relocate the init.ora files from the default $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory to the OFA compliant location (.../admin/sid/pfile), but include the symbolic link from the "default" location).

we also use symbolic links for all datafiles on raw partitions (hp-ux logical volumes).

other than that, i have to agree with sybrand. i cannot think of a good reason to use a symbolic link as the oracle home directory.