Symbolic link pointing to Oracle Home

From: Allen <allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 27 May 2001 00:55:59 -0500

Solaris 7.. I used to do this with Oracle 7, have a symbolic link pointing to Oracle Home. Is this still cool with 8i? Any problems for OEM or other Oracle tools? Having a symlink sure makes it easier when I upgrade versions to new directories. I also like having symlinks pointing to datafile locations, makes it easier to move them around if necessary.

thx.. Allen Received on Sun May 27 2001 - 00:55:59 CDT