Re: 8.1.7 install problems on Sun Blade 100/Solaris 8 01/01 MU4

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 12:00:17 GMT

On Sun, 27 May 2001 21:25:06 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

>The trouble is, of course, that ORA-3113 covers a host of sins, and there's
>no telling that this is (or isn't) one of them until you've checked.

Ayup! My rule of thumb for 3113: "the server process in a client-server connection has died of some unnatural cause". I then go to bdump/udump and look for the problem. 99.9% of the time I get a bingo. Only for weird Net problems do I draw a blank.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sun May 27 2001 - 07:00:17 CDT