PeopleSoft on Oracle: Standard or Enterprise Edition??

From: Vincent Ventrone <vav_at_brandeis.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 14:10:46 -0400

We are about to move our PeopleSoft Financials (Education & Gov.) ver. 7.5 SP1 into production & have decided to use Oracle Standard 8.1.7.1 instead of Enterprise Ed. because the cost is so much lower & it seems clear to us that PeopleSoft uses none of the features in Enterprise, nor do we plan to use any of those features. This will also be a rather modest sized database, approx. 6GB when fully implemented. However, the Oracle salespeople are trying to convince us that we *must* use Enterprise Edition & not Standard though the reasons are, so far, extremely vague -- I suspect the only reason is the difference in commissions for the sales force! So I'm wondering if anyone in this newsgroup is running PeopleSoft Financials in production using Standard Ed. & whether they've encountered any difficulties or disadvantages by doing so.

Thanks.

--
Vincent Ventrone
DBA