Re: How can I get Oracle to use my new memory?

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: 26 May 2001 09:14:53 -0400

In <9ene1e$6r6$2_at_bob.news.rcn.net> Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com> writes:

> If you want to use the new memory for database buffers you
>will have to increase the value for db_block_buffers.

Thanks, someone else pointed out that mistake yesterday. I have already corrected it.

Howevrer, I still find myself in the position where if I as Oracle to use more than ~ 400M, it fails to start with the given shmget error. At the same time H{'s G;ance preformance monitoring tool claims I still hav 1 450M _free_ memory.

Strange. Received on Sat May 26 2001 - 08:14:53 CDT