8.1.7 install problems on Sun Blade 100/Solaris 8 01/01 MU4

From: G.T. <ethant_at_pacificnet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:22:16 -0700

I have run through the installation twice following the Oracle 8i Installation Guide to the letter. I have searched the web and the Google Usenet archives endlessly and double-checked all suggestions related to "ORA-27101 shared memory realm does not exist", "ORA-01034: ORACLE not available", "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel", and "ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE" errors.

The install is flawless up until I need to create a database and then I receive the above errors.

The listener is up, I've set all my shared memory, semaphore settings, etc., and I cannot figure out why I cannot create a database.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Thanks, Greg

--
See http://www.2fortheroad.net for ugly bikes and stale music.
"Why does a man with nothing to say, he always seems to talk?" - Marc