Re: Does Oracle8i have a job scheduler?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 23:46:37 -0700

Jim wrote:

> I have been told that SQL Server includes a job scheduling component
> that allows a user to have "jobs" (queries, loads, etc, I guess)
> setup to run unattended at specific times. Does Oracle8i 8.1.7 EE
> include this feature?

Don't take this personally ... but ... does anyone who started with SQL Server EVER READ A MANUAL?

Or a book?

Or the documentation?

It seems like everyone of you starts of your questions with "SQL Server does this does Oracle" like somehow you expect a second rate database to have a capability not present in Oracle, or DB/2 Universal Server, or Informix, or Sybase,or any other industrial strength RDBMS.

I would never think of trying to work in SQL Server without buying and reading a book or two. How come you folks can't or won't do the same? It is just weird. The answer to your question is right on your hard disk or on the CD you installed from.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 01:46:37 CDT