Re: Oracle DB Tool

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 08:21:25 -0400

I cant comment on SQL Navigator but we have found TOAD to be extremely useful. There are constant add ons to meet customer request (The mailing list is actually USED by the coders. ) Right now the trial download version has all the DBA tuning stuff enabled so you can give it a try. Tablespaces, row migration, table analysis, scripts etc are all part of the package
www.toadsoft.com
www.quest.com

(and no, I don't work for either of them)

Mark Wallace <mwallace*NOSPAM*@*NOSPAM*carr-sheppards.co.uk> wrote in message news:dV3P6.457$3S3.9954_at_news.lhr.globix.net...
> We are looking into buying a general purpose DB tool.
> We are so far looking at either :
> Toad or SQL Navigator
>
> Has anyone got any thoughts (Pro's or Con's) with regards to these
 products
> or
> a suggestion of other tools we should be looking at.
>
> We are finding the oracle tools quite cumbersome to use because of the
 Java