Re: upgrading a DB instance from 8.1.5 to 8.1.6

From: Tanel Põder <tanel_at_altavista.kom>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:58:27 +0200

when i saw these releases i suddenly remembered, that there was some kind of bug which corrupted the database when converting from 8.1.5 to 8.1.6?

anyway, if you have a small database you could install the 8.1.6 and do a full export from 8.1.5 and import to the new one.

be sure to fully backup the old one before doing anything!

but its also possible to do the migration, it can be trickyer, though. there is some kind of migration assistant on NT platform, but i wouldn't dare to use it.

at least on metalink there are available step by step documents, how to do it, versionwise.

Tanel Poder
a DBA