Re: DB_BLOCK_SIZE set to the highest value

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:13:33 +1000

Dino, check this out:

http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/creation/block_size.htm

Steve does an excellent job of explaining away the old myth that block size should be dependent on application type, and that for most Unixes that means an 8K block size, and for NT, 16K or bigger (NT has direct I/O).

(Now, don the flameproof overalls, and retire to a safe distance).

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle