Re: Procedure problem between difference version.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:10:33 +0200

"Diviner" <diviner_at_hknet.com> wrote in message news:3B0CD892.3E36F6BE_at_hknet.com...
I am using an Oracle8i 8.1.6 for Linux and work well. For some reason I want to make a copy of the database from Linux to NT. My Oracle for NT is version 8.0.6.
The case is that, I find some procedure cannot migrade from Linux to NT. A procedure coding can work well in Linux but has compiled error in NT. The coding are:
create or replace procedure RenameDir(pRefNo in DocIndex.RefNo%type,   pFolderName in DocIndex.Filename%type) as
 vPhyPath DocIndex.PhyPath%type;
 newPhyPath DocIndex.PhyPath%type;
begin

Hope you can help me. Thank you very much.

--
Best regards,
Diviner.

As you don't specify which compile error you are getting, do not expect to
get any useful responses.

As to your second query: as you don't post the explicit error, I can only
guess.
You are trying to create a function based index.
As function based indexes are an Oracle 8i feature, do not expect them to
work in 8.0.

Could you also please post in plain text instead of in html.
Many newsreaders can't read html

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA