Re: Avoid full table scans

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 21:14:13 -0500

verify that ALL of the parameters are the same on the two database instances.

select * from v$parameter;

be sure to compare all of the parameters... the values do influence the optimizer...

e.g. a larger value for the "multi block read count" (i don't recall the exact name) parameter causes the optimizer to assume lower costs for full table scans.

also, compare the computed statistics between the two instances to compare the number of key values, etc. is it possible histograms have been collected on one of the schemas and not the other ?