Re: Client install fails on Windows 2000

From: Steve <steve.hollings_at_ecrossnet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 15:45:22 +0100

Check with Oracle - I'm fairly sure there's a bug with Windows 2000 and Oracle client (I think 8.1.5).

Our install didn't fail but we encountered problems afterwards. Log it on Metalink and see what they say. Also, if possible use the Oracle cd that was used for the Server DB install, or at least the same version.

"Bob Meyer" <bobm_news_at_MailAndNews.com> wrote in message news:3B120A4E_at_MailAndNews.com...
> I just tried to install the 8i client (8.1.1.7 Standard for NT) on a
 Windows
> 2000 client PC. The install program starts, and gets as far as "Analyzing
> Pre-Requesits" and then just terminates. The install window disapears.
 There