Re: Unix scripts to extract DDL from imp show=y

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:51:38 GMT

On 23 May 2001 20:02:09 -0700, onlyforposting_at_yahoo.com (Vikas Agnihotri) wrote:

>Simply because I need the CREATE TABLESPACE, CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT
>statements. Since I am migrating to LMTs, I want to extract these DDLs
>and edit them to remove the DEFAULT STORAGE clause and add the EXTENT
>MANAGEMENT LOCAL clause.
>
>(Ok, I really dont need the create role/user, etc. :-)

Ah! OK, you do NOT need the user stuff. That's better. I was going to suggest you dump the control file into the log and get the tablespace creation statements from there with a bit of editing? Then use the indexfile (which gives onlt tables/indexes) to get the rest. Without having to fleece through thousands of CREATE USER crud?

But this won't do the constraints if any. You might be better off using Connor's "strings" method if you are in Unix?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu May 24 2001 - 07:51:38 CDT