Re: Oracle says there is bug using remote colacated joins. Anybody know what they are

From: <catherine_devlin_at_purpleturtle.com>
Date: 24 May 2001 23:04:35 GMT

In article <3b03bc90$0$12267$45beb828_at_newscene.com>, sdfsd <sdfes_at_dsf.com> writes:
>Oracle says there is bug using remote colacated joins over a remote dblink in

>8.1.5 and above.
>
>anybody have any idea of what a remote colocated join is?

It sounds like a query that joins a local table to a remote table, like   SELECT t.name
  FROM turtle t,

         reptile_at_anml r
  WHERE t.species = r.species

Here's from MetaLink Doc ID: 130197.1
 8163 1046027 This problem was introduced in 8.1.5 A Query which leads to a remote colocated join may return incorrect results if the query has non simple join predicates on the remote tables. This only happens when using CBO. I think that backs up my speculation... sounds like a colocated join involves both remote and local tables.

Then again, "colocated join" also sounds like some sort of medical problem, maybe involving ligaments. Ask your doctor.