Re: Reverse engineer to a compiled Pro*C

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:18:17 GMT

On Wed, 23 May 2001 21:26:11 +0100, "Phil Haigh" <phil.haigh_at_fwpharma.com> wrote:

>Not true - you just need a 'reverse engineering' tool for Windows that will
>take an EXE and translate it back to C. But what you get won't be very
>readable! Don't ask me if I know of such a tool - I've never needed one so
>I've never looked.

Exactly. Get a copy of Dr.Dobb's. Somewhere in there are quite a few adds of executable debuggers that can reverse engineer any Intel code back to C. The output doesn't make much sense, but it can be used. I'm quite sure others exist for other CPU architetures. There used to be quite a few for VMS.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu May 24 2001 - 09:18:17 CDT