Re: Slow connect time

From: Giorgos Tsiamitas <gtsiam_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 18:00:39 GMT

Here are some things to try 1-by-1. Please note that apart from auditing, trace and triggers, other factors may cause long connection waits and there is no standard identification and remedy.

Auditing

select * from dba_priv_audit_opts where privilege='CREATE SESSION';

if you get no result then session auditing is not enabled. Otherwise use NOAUDIT CREATE SESSION statement or set ini parm AUDIT_TRAIL=none

For more info see Administrator's Guide, Auditing Database Use

Trace

select value from v$parameter where name ='sql_trace'; if you get FALSE then ok. Otherwise set SQL_TRACE=false in init.ora and restart the database.

For more info see Oracle 8i Reference, Initialization Parameters

Logon Triggers

select owner, trigger_name from dba_triggers where triggering_event='LOGON' and status='ENABLED';
If no rows returned then there is no logon trigger; otherwise use ALTER TRIGGER ... DISABLE statement.

More info at Oracle8i SQL Reference.

--
Giorgos
"Mark Fraser" <mark101doesntlikespam_at_telocity.com> wrote in message

> Giorgos,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Could you please tell me specifically where/how
> I change these settings, or at least point me to which
> documentation explains this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> "Giorgos Tsiamitas" <gtsiam_at_gmx.net> wrote in message
> > Try:
> >
> > a. turning auditing off. Check DBA_PRIV_AUDIT_OPTS and
DBA_STMT_AUDIT_OPTS