Slow connect time

From: Mark Fraser <mark101doesntlikespam_at_telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 03:53:54 -0400

Hello,

I am running Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition and have suddently started experiencing slow connect times. The slowness occurs in both SQLPLUS and when connecting via JDBC. It occurs when connecting from the same machine on which the server resides.

TNSping returns in 20 ms.

When I run SQLPLUS, I immediately get a login prompt, but it takes about fifteen seconds to connect after entering login info. The same slowness occurs when I login via SQLPLUS username/password. I have tried with tracing both on and off. And I tried renaming the .dat files in .\otrace\admin which are about 1M.

System:

Win 2K
256 MB RAM
Duron 750

I don't see any other logs that have grown unreasonably.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark Received on Wed May 23 2001 - 02:53:54 CDT