Re: Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 performance boost options

From: Randall Roberts <randall_at_filer.org.nospam>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:59:54 -0700

The first thing I'd try is increasing SORT_AREA_SIZE. This will reduce

swapping of sorts to disk.  If you increase it large enough none of the sort
will have to swap to disk.  The parameter is dynamic and can be set at the
instance or session level.  I'd recommend that you set it at the session
level, so that you don't increase the PGA size for every server process on your system... unless of course everyone on your server is running these queries.

Best!

Randall