Have keep recompiling procedure

From: jimbo <jcorey_at_charter.net>
Date: 23 May 2001 08:12:48 -0700

Hello,

I have a script that runs every few hours and calls 3 stored procedures.
Periodically it fails with this message:

ORA-06553: PLS-707: unsupported construct or internal error [2601] ORA-06550 and I have to recompile. Then it runs fine. No other objects have been changed. It's a simple proc. This happens in both a test and production schema. This seems to happen even if it's not run; somehow it gets reset, although it's still marked as valid. We're thinking (for lack of any other ideas) that a nightly back-up has something to do with it.

Any ideas? Received on Wed May 23 2001 - 10:12:48 CDT