Re: /*+ORDERED */ - Works Outside of CURSOR but not in ?!

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark.NOSPAM_at_bobak.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 06:58:20 GMT

Is this true? I've never heard of/run into this before. If you're running CBO, I'd suspect that the optimizer_mode is CHOOSE or FIRST_ROWS but the code inside the PL/SQL is using ALL_ROWS, which makes a certain amount of sense, but could be inadvertently doing bad things to your execution plan.

Jonathan Lewis covers this on his webpage better than I can. For More Info, See:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/sqlplsql.html

-Mark