Re: database recovery HELP

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 00:49:36 GMT

The final word:

You have to do the recovery twice. Take a cold backup of the database at it's "now" state, restore the previous backup, use time-based recovery + open resetlogs, take your export, restore to the previous backup, start normal recovery (RECOVER DATABASE) until it's complete, then import the data that you exported.

Good luck!
Dave

Steve <schen_at_prodigy.net> wrote in message news:9ee2l0$4ids$1_at_newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com...
> Need urgent assistance on database recovery (Oracle 7.3):
>
> Thousands of rows were deleted accidentally last Friday. I have online
> archivelog in place. I can "recover database until
 '2001-05-18:12:30:00',