Re: Online backup: Backup online redologs?

From: Randall Roberts <nsp>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:36:06 -0700

>>I'm not saying that I agree with everything they are doing (I don't see
>>why anyone would use an OS copy of the controlfile).

If you're serious...

You need a backup control file in case of the loss of all online copies of the control file. Also, to do point in time recovery to recover a dropped tablespace, you need to use a backup controlfile from before the tablespace was dropped.

Forgive me if I've missed the point of your statement.

Best!

Randall Received on Tue May 22 2001 - 18:36:06 CDT