BYPASS_UJVC hint

From: John Darrah <jdarrah_at_veripost.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:46:33 +0000 (UTC)

Does anyone know what this hint does? I saw it in the 9i technical white papers on Technet. I cannot find anything on it in the Oracle Docs and am curious as to what it actually does. Here is the context it was in:

UPDATE /*+ BYPASS_UJVC */
(SELECT
S.TIME_ID ,S.STORE_ID ,S.REGION_ID
,S.PARTS s_parts ,S.SALES_AMT s_sales_amt ,S.TAX_AMT s_tax_amt ,S.DISCOUNT
s_discount
,D.PARTS d_parts ,D.SALES_AMT d_sales_amt ,D.TAX_AMT d_tax_amt ,D.DISCOUNT
d_discount
FROM SALES_NOV99 S, SALES_FACT D
WHERE D.TIME_ID = S.TIME_ID
AND D.STORE_ID = S.STORE_ID
AND D.REGION_ID = S.REGION_ID) JV
SET d_parts = d_parts + s_parts
, d_sales_amt = d_sales_amt + s_sales_amt
, d_tax_amt = d_tax_amt + s_tax_amt., d_discount = d_discount + s_discount
;

--
Posted from [63.83.225.245]