NLS problems using import utility

From: Uwe Kramer <ukdip_at_gmx.de>
Date: 21 May 2001 13:27:49 -0700

Hi oracle community.

When i try to import a book.dmp file into my designer6i repository I get this national character set handle problem

imp repos/password file=book.dmp ....

Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via conventional path Warning: the objects were exported by INVENT, not by you import done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set
IMP-00069: Could not convert to environment national character set's handle IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

setup:
clean server including service pack1
windows 2000 advanced server
oracle server8i enterprise Version 8.1.6, english and german language installed charcterset/nchar: we8iso8859p1
single oracle home
HKLM\software\oracle\HOME0\NLS_LANG= GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P1 HKLM\software\oracle\NLS_LANG= NA meaning no answer?

Even after playing with the NLS_LANG environment variable I didn t get better results. I tested different NLS_LANG configurations, e.g. GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8PC850 and others. (we8mswin1252 was the only characterset to get the correct forms menu texts, designer6i didn t like it.

I used a hex editor to find characterset infos in the .dmp file. Didn t find this information.. Encrypted?

Any idea?

Regards.
Uwe Kramer Received on Mon May 21 2001 - 15:27:49 CDT