Re: Remote login password file question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 23:37:02 +0200

"Chow, Tommy [BRAM:1258:EXCH]" <tchow_at_americasm01.nt.com> wrote in message news:9ebuc8$eqj$1_at_bcarh8ab.ca.nortel.com...
> Hi,
>
> The REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE parameter in the initsid.ora file could have
> three values:
> 1. NONE
> 2. SHARED
> 3. EXCLUSIVE
>
> I do not quite understand why when it is SHARED then it means used
> exclusively by SYS and INTERNAL.
>
> The meaning of 2 and 3 seems reversed. Am I getting the wrong aspect of
 the
> meaning?
> Thanks for any help
> Tom

choice 1 : only internal has sysdba priv (internal is obsolete and has been replaced by connect / as sysdba, when you are on the server choice 2: internal *and* sys have sysdba privilege by default choice 3: *any* account can have SYSDBA privilege, accomplished by grant sysdba to <user>.
Doing so you can have sysdba privilege on remote sessions.

The same applies to sysoper.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon May 21 2001 - 16:37:02 CDT