Remote login password file question

From: Chow, Tommy [BRAM:1258:EXCH] <tchow_at_americasm01.nt.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:34:26 -0400

Hi,

The REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE parameter in the initsid.ora file could have three values:

1. NONE
2. SHARED
3. EXCLUSIVE

I do not quite understand why when it is SHARED then it means used exclusively by SYS and INTERNAL.

The meaning of 2 and 3 seems reversed. Am I getting the wrong aspect of the meaning?
Thanks for any help
Tom Received on Mon May 21 2001 - 15:34:26 CDT