can BMC Patrol monitor Oracle 8i?

From: Jeremy <jeremy.cope_at_airnz.co.nz>
Date: 21 May 2001 15:31:12 -0700

Does Patrol support Oracle 8i?? and if so does it handle locally managed tablespaces? i.e. for free space deficit monitoring of tablespaces you need to take into account whether it's locally managed or not and what the allocation_type is and whether the data files are autoexsible etc...

We're using Patrol to monitor about 50 Oracle 7 databases running on sun solaris. Over the last year we've been developing 8i databases which our current version of Patrol does not work against.

Any information on what version of Patrol can work with 8i and any pitfalls or recommendation greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jeremy Cope
Oracle DBA
Air New Zealand Limited. Received on Mon May 21 2001 - 17:31:12 CDT