Re: Realm, what's this?

From: Stefano Tempesta <s.tempesta_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:17:57 +0200

>connect as sysdba in sqlplus
>sqlplus > startup
>your realm will soon exist.

How can I connect if the database is not available!!! I tried to connect using both SQLplus and SQL+ worksheet as system/manager os sysdba/manager but I cannot execute any statement like "startup". Of course, all the Oracle Services are started and running (on Win2000 server SP1)

--
             Stefano Tempesta