Re: Realm, what's this?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 07:53:18 +1000

"Stephan Langer" <slanger_at_dixi-wc.de> wrote in message news:3B092B50.7F538242_at_dixi-wc.de...
> hi,
>
> how about connect system/manager as sysdba (You need to be superuser =>
 'as
> sysdba')?
>
> hth
> Stephan

System does not have the SYSDBA privilege, merely the DBA role (unless you've made a specific grant of it to him, of course -which is a daft thing to do, since we already have the SYS account for that). So the command you've just offered there will not work.

The only thing I notice about Stefano's connect string is that it doesn't include a slash character (though maybe it's just the way he typed it)

"Connect as sysdba" won't work. "Connect / as sysdba" will, assuming O/S authentication has been set up properly.

Regards
HJR