Re: Oracle9i: A Beginner's Guide

From: Randall Roberts <randall_at_filer.org>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 17:01:10 -0700

Hmmm...

I think I should have elaborated more on Question 3. SET FEEDBACK sets the minumum number of rows for which a row count will be returned after executing a SQL statement. It defaults to 6 so, on a default Oracle installation, selecting all rows from the scott.emp table shows:

14 rows selected.

However, selecting all rows from scott.dept does not display a row count, because it only has 4 rows... less than the default of 6. Setting FEEDBACK to zero, however suppresses row counts entirely.