Advice sought

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 00:32:05 GMT

    We have offices in 65 countries and are starting to look into presenting our web-based information for customers in different languages. I'm looking for ideas or pitfalls from those of you who have already been down this path. I have a database design I believe will accommodate all countries addresses and phones but what about data? Any web sites to get information such as cities, counties and states ( or their non-US equivalents) for different countries? Sources for phone number format masks for each country? Phone country codes for each country? Address formatting rules for each country?

    Any experiences good or bad with language translation software?     We'll probably start with English, French and Portuguese and expand from there. Newer databases have been created with 817 using UTF8.

    Thanks in advance for any insights or help.

Van Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 19:32:05 CDT