Realm, what's this?

From: Stefano Tempesta <s.tempesta_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:07:43 +0200

Hi
I've this error when I try to connect thru SQL+ Worksheet (Oracle 8.1.7):

Oracle is non available
ORA-27101 shared memory realm does not exist

On OTN I've found:
Cause: Unable to locate shared memory realm. Action: Verify that the realm is accessible.

Yes, but... how to verify that the realm is accessible? What happened?
I've only migrated my NT4 to Win2000 Server and applyed the Active Directory.

Thanks all for your help.

--

Stefano Tempesta Web System Engineer stefano.tempesta_at_realtraining.it http://www.tempesta.org