Re: Co-operative FAQ

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:29:48 +0100

I'd read it - I practically live on the things - but notice that http://www.orafaq.com is around. That said, I don't find that site particularly helpful. It seems a little 'light' on info to me...

I would probably also agree however, that those who don't need to read the FAQs are usually the only ones who do. I participate in a few computer help forums and one thing you can guarantee is that everyone with a problem - no matter how big or small - thinks they're the first person to have experienced it. And they want help now (which means asking someone, not bothering to search out a faq and reading it). The number of people who have no idea how to work a search engine is staggering/worrying...

Worth a crack in other words, but I worry that it might be a waste of time. Though hopefully, that's just me being overly pessimistic... ;-)

ps, George, I bought Johnathan's book at http://www.amazon.co.uk and enter "Practical Oracle 8i" in the search box. £24.79 + P&P. "Worth every penny" is my 2 cents...