Re: Data Migration

From: Philippe Gauthier <elfelip_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:31:54 -0400

I tried the migration assistant on my Sun SparcStation 20 running Solaris 2.6 (Oracle 8.1.6). All the process of migration worked very well and my database started on the first try. If you are on a UNIX system I think that the migration assistant can be good if you know well your database. I used the migration assistant because I have another database on the system that still need to be on Oracle 7.3.4. If you dont need to keep Oracle 7 on your system maybe the import/export is easyer.