Re: Version control of Oracle stored objects ???

From: Joel Swenson <bobburn_at_gte.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 03:15:01 GMT

jason wrote:

> To those who use stored Oracle objects (functions, procedures, packages
> etc),
> Can anyone give me any pointers on version control of these objects??????
> We're on 8.1.5 + I'm using Schema Manager + we're now having problems with
> having multiple clients, all on different versions of these objects.
> Up until now, we've managed by doing things manually; keeping changes on a
> spreadsheet + having edit histories in each object, but we're now
> struggling with various clients having different requirements + on
> different versions of the objects.
> Any pointers on how you do things would be helpful.
> TIA
> Jason

Another choice would be to look into
www.allroundautomations.nl/plsqldev.html they have a add on that allows you to use any Microsoft SCC based Source Safe (such as PVCS, MKS Source Integrity or VSS) for your database object code. I can't say its a pretty solution, but it should be an improvement. Regards,
JR Swenson Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 22:15:01 CDT