Re: Oracle says there is bug using remote colacated joins. Anybody know what they are

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 02:36:40 GMT

in article 3b03bc90$0$12267$45beb828_at_newscene.com, sdfsd at sdfes_at_dsf.com wrote on 5/17/01 5:00 AM:

> Oracle says there is bug using remote colacated joins over a remote dblink in
> 8.1.5 and above.
>
> anybody have any idea of what a remote colocated join is?

Without a bug number to look it up, I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure it means that the two (or more) tables involved in the join are both in the same remote database. There were some changes in the way these joins are shipped in 8.1.5. If you think you are running into a problem with this, a possible work around may be to create a view on the remote database that does the join and then access the view across the dblink. Received on Thu May 17 2001 - 21:36:40 CDT