session dentification

From: Jörg Bläse <jb_at_blaese.de>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 05:07:37 GMT

Hi,
I want to mark records with an unique "identifier" which contains userid and session, who created/last modified the record. I need to know from "outside" (other sessions), whether the modifying session is still alive.

The sys_guid() function provides a unique identifier, but how can I find out the sessions state from outside?

Is there another possibility?

TIA
Joerg Received on Thu May 17 2001 - 00:07:37 CDT