Re: Update a table with no logging?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 21:29:49 +1000

"wayne" <no_at_email.please.com> wrote in message news:9dscug$42a_at_dispatch.concentric.net...
> > Nonsense. That STILL won't stop logging of normal DML.
>
> Shit, you even beat Sybrand in slamming an incorrect response. Don't tell
> me you want to join the "DBA a-hole club" too!

You think "Nonsense" counts as "slamming"???

Wayne: the issue of nologging has been discussed a zillion times on this newsgroup; the documentation is unambiguous; the training material is clear; all Oracle Press books I've read leave you in no doubt that normal DML is always logged, whatever you do.

All I've done here is give an equally unambiguous rebuttal to a completely erroneous statement.

You know it's wrong, I know it's wrong, the original poster deserves to know it's wrong.

I didn't call *him* stupid or an idiot (he is neither, naturally). I said that what he posted was "nonsense", which as you will know means "absurd or meaningless words or ideas". The idea that setting a tablespace to be nologging will switch of all redo generation is 'absurd' and thus has no meaning.

If he took offence, fair cop, and I'd apologise. I don't, though, appreciate a third party thought police.

Regards
HJR