Re: Oracle installer broken? Please help me!!! :)

From: <212.137.18.142>
Date: 16 May 2001 13:03:14 GMT

Are you installing on a Pentium 4. There is a known bug with the Symantec JIT compiler with this processor. Search for note 131299.1 on MetaLink if this is the problem.

Joe Belka.

> Hello,
>
> I have repeatedly tried to install Oracle 2.1.7 on win 2000 and the
> installation
> never seems to complete. At least I assume so, as it just returns to the
> desktop
> with no messages or anything.
>
> Also going into universal installer and looking at installed components,
> tells me
> there is nothing installed!
>
> It gets as far as asking me for a global database name but nothing more and
> does not seem to create
> a sample database.
>
> Am I crazy or is there something wrong?
> I did find an official Oracle bug report about the setup terminating early
> but it doesn't help much
>
> I'm left in a situation where I can't seem to do anything.
> DBAssist is missing (or is this replaced by the centralised db thing?)
> My services are there but when starting the TNS listener it fails to start
>
> I have never installed Oracle before and don't know what to expect.
> Have I been really unlucky or is Oracle a pain to install???
> Martin

Poster's IP address: 212.137.18.142
Posted via http://nodevice.com
Linux Programmer's Site Received on Wed May 16 2001 - 08:03:14 CDT