Re: Oracle 8i memory optimization

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 21:12:30 +1000

I'm afraid that are stacks of them, and unless you know how to read them, they aren't going to be of much interest in themselves. Plus, the v$ statistics are cumulative since Instance startup, which makes them of doubtful value, unless you can qualify their contents. Hence the report.txt, which calculates the difference between the various v$'s as snaphotted at time X and time Y (time X being the start of the period in which you are interested, and time Y being the end of that period).

Help me out here: are you a complete neophyte when it comes to performance tuning (which is perfectly OK), or do you have at least some experience?

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle