Re: Question on Installing Oracle.

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:43:48 +0800

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> > First off, the pctincrease setting for SYSTEM is DEFINITELY 50 in 8.0,
> > 8.1.5, 8.1.6 and 8.1.7
> >

> I meant to add "unless you've changed it.. and if you change anything about
> SYSTEM, you want your head tested, unless you know exactly what you are
> doing (and very few -including me- do).
>
> HJR
In fact I remember reading somewhere (source unknown) that the pctinc 50 was a 'good' thing on SYSTEM for when deferred rollback segments are created...

I haven't tested or done any research on whether this statement is valid

Cheers
COnnor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"