about password file

From: Victor Lung <victorlung_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 00:59:32 +0800

i have some questions in setting the initialization paramater REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE. As you know, there are NONE, EXCLUSIVE and SHARED values for this parameter. However, I am not quite understand about the SHARED value. This value means the password file can be used by multiple databases. But how can those database know where to get this shared passwordfile? Is it defined during instance creation?

Can I change the passwordfile location later?

THX Received on Tue May 15 2001 - 11:59:32 CDT