Re: Update a table with no logging?

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 15 May 2001 23:12:58 GMT

> Truncate table <table_name>
> Won't log anything, and will commit automatically as it is DDL, not DML.
> If you want to get rid of your data fast: perfect option.

Just want to verify: TRUNCATE TABLE does not deallocate the blocks assigned to the table, right? I have used truncate and then re-analyzed the truncated table and found that there was still the same number of blocks allocated, even though there were no rows.

I had to use the ALTER TABLE MOVE ... command with modified default storage parameters to get Oracle to let go of the blocks. Received on Tue May 15 2001 - 18:12:58 CDT