Re: Oracle installer broken? Please help me!!! :)

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 16 May 2001 01:50:14 GMT

Have you tried making DBAssist create scripts rather than create the DB for you? If you select the option to create scripts, you will get a batch file plus a couple of .sql files. You just have to run the batch file and the database will be created.

Doing the script way has a couple advantages: 1) You do not create the DB while installing Oracle. If there is any error on the scripts, it does not matter because all Oracle components are installed before you attempt to create a DB. 2) You can modify the Oracle-generated script to suit your needs. As you become more proficient as an Oracle DBA you will come to realize just how bad the default DBs are. You will want to modify the scripts to suit your needs and eventually recreate the DB "the right way" in a way that suits your needs. Received on Tue May 15 2001 - 20:50:14 CDT