Oracle installer broken? Please help me!!! :)

From: Martin Chantler <martin_at_interalpha.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 00:17:45 +0100

Hello,

I have repeatedly tried to install Oracle 2.1.7 on win 2000 and the installation
never seems to complete. At least I assume so, as it just returns to the desktop
with no messages or anything.

Also going into universal installer and looking at installed components, tells me
there is nothing installed!

It gets as far as asking me for a global database name but nothing more and does not seem to create
a sample database.

Am I crazy or is there something wrong?
I did find an official Oracle bug report about the setup terminating early but it doesn't help much

I'm left in a situation where I can't seem to do anything. DBAssist is missing (or is this replaced by the centralised db thing?) My services are there but when starting the TNS listener it fails to start

I have never installed Oracle before and don't know what to expect. Have I been really unlucky or is Oracle a pain to install??? Martin Received on Tue May 15 2001 - 18:17:45 CDT