Re: Distributing Client Software??

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:36:28 +0100

Files can be zipped and transferred, and registry entries can be exported from one registry and imported to another via the command line "regedit -s myfile.reg" (to silently import from a batch file).

Of course, how you find out where each and every entry/file is is the tricky part. I believe there are some commercial product installers/uninstallers that can create a log of every change made during a product install. So you'd get that going, then install the Oracle client, then check the log and try to parcel the whole lot up into a batch file.

"the_DBA" <the_DBA_at_swbell.net> wrote in message news:sC%L6.62$kx3.124680_at_nnrp2.sbc.net...
> All,
>
> I would like to "idiot proof" the installation of Oracle Client
 software
> [on W2K machines]. Ideally, I'd like to circumvent the Oracle Universal
> Installer. I'm not a big Windows user...so... let me speak in UNIX
 terms --
> I'd like to pass in arguments [to OUI] like one would with a HERE document
> (i.e., << EOF ... EOF). Since the OUI is a Java application, I don't
 even
> know if this is possible. Anyway, users would then download/copy the
 Oracle