Re: Question on Installing Oracle.

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:04:05 +1000

"I hate Spam" <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk> wrote in message news:bk13gtovrmmts9b2n5b8bjnnh149kaltol_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 15 May 2001 23:01:37 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers"
> <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:
>
> >Otherwise, forget it. Oracle knows best how to deal with SYSTEM, and
 I've

> Except for defaulting to make SYSTEM tablespace the default and temp
> tablespace for every user, and not pointing out _very clearly_ in the
> documentation that this should be changed for every user but SYS.

I think it's pointed out reasonably clearly.

A moments thought or understanding of the create database syntax would indicate that there is only ever one tablespace that Oracle absolutely knows exists, and knows *must* exist. And it's SYSTEM, of course. And if that's the only one that is guaranteed to exist, it's not surprising that it's the default for a number of things.

I can't see what else Oracle is supposed to do, apart from create multiple tablespaces inherently as part of 'create database' functionality (Guess what, I do believe that this is precisely what happens in 9i!! -I've heard you get a temp tablespace for free immediately after database creation).

Regards
HJR Received on Tue May 15 2001 - 16:04:05 CDT